Saturday, April 11, 2009

Baby Turtle

Recorded this video of the baby Green turtles with my phone, so the quality is not so good !! I wish I have a camera with me at that time :-( This happened around 6pm on the 7th October last year at Bubbles Dive Resort, Perhentian Island. I expected a turtle nest is gonna hatch that night, so I kept checking the nest like every hour (Checking them frequently as we dont want to miss any of them, they are so cute !! We count every single nest how many babies are there as we can !!) Suddenly I found out that some baby turtles were so close to the sand surface and moving a bit. Without hesitated, I grabbed my phone to record the amazing moment. But it was too early for those babies to enter the sea as they were still lots of predators in the sea. That time was the time for those predators hunt before they went to "sleep". I kept them in a water bucket with sea water before released them into the sea at night. Check out this amazing small creature !!

When I 1st saw it !!


More movements in this video !!

When we released them at night !!

We used some very dim light like handphone light or dim torchlight to guide them into the sea, they were so attracted to lights so at that time, we closed all the lights at the resort and also restaurants, and we only use 2 or 3 dim light to guide them to the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment